Ajax loader
Hash Sends Dogs Barking Mad

These two pooches channelled Snoop Dogg when they became accidental stoners after eating human waste laced with marijuana. Canine buds Mack, a red heeler pointer, and Viola, a kelpie bull Arab cross, spent Sunday morning at a reserve in the Melbourne suburb of Altona. Returning home from the park, Mack’s owner Claire Sutherland said her pooch took a chronic turn. “He was acting weird, he was just staring at us in a glassy eyed sort of way,” Ms Sutherland said. “He lost control of his back legs, he was drooling, he was flinching when we put our hand near him, he was trembling.” A vet diagnosed the symptoms as a slipped disc and gave Mack a dose of morphine. However, Viola’s owner Gabriele D’Angelo then called Ms Sutherland to alert her that his dog had the exact same symptoms. They called veterinarian friend Ross Ansell, who suggested poisoning was the likely cause, and the dogs’ stomachs were pumped. It was discovered they had both consumed human waste that contained marijuana.

Dogs Eat Marijuana At Park
MAY 18, 2020: MELBOURNE, VIC. 'Viola' the Kelpie...
By David Caird
18 May, 2020
Dogs Eat Marijuana At Park
MAY 18, 2020: MELBOURNE, VIC. 'Viola' the Kelpie...
By David Caird
18 May, 2020
Dogs Eat Marijuana At Park
MAY 18, 2020: MELBOURNE, VIC. 'Viola' the Kelpie...
By David Caird
18 May, 2020
Dogs Eat Marijuana At Park
MAY 18, 2020: MELBOURNE, VIC. 'Viola' the Kelpie...
By David Caird
18 May, 2020
Dogs Eat Marijuana At Park
MAY 18, 2020: MELBOURNE, VIC. 'Viola' the Kelpie...
By David Caird
18 May, 2020
Dogs Eat Marijuana At Park
MAY 18, 2020: MELBOURNE, VIC. 'Viola' the Kelpie...
By David Caird
18 May, 2020
Display
Items per page
Page
of 1